- "A thrillingly entertaining novel from author Derek Dubois, Miss Diagnosis is a crime thriller that slowly devolves into a nightmare tale of modern science gone terribly awry."
- "The pace is strong, and the chapters move quickly, without wasting time on plotlines that don’t develop, or secondary character arcs. The dialogue is cutting, pointed, and believable as well, from the speedy repartee on rounds with patients to the emotional tension between ex-lovers."
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Derek Dubois' debut novel, Miss Diagnosis, has been published and is available for purchase now through major retailers.
As a young medical student in Boston, Kate White is barely hanging on. The stress of interning at a top-tier teaching hospital, compounded by her father's recent death and her upcoming wedding to a superstar surgeon, are proving to be too much to handle. Meanwhile, somewhere deep in the depths of the hospital's research laboratory, secretive experiments have led to a horrific breakthrough. As Kate finds each new test increasingly overwhelming, she becomes obsessed with seeking a way out, crossing all professional boundaries, and putting herself and her colleagues in harm's way. In Miss Diagnosis, Dubois imbues his characters with nuance and realism which heightens the suspense when "the story takes a wild swerve in the final third that changes the straightforward crime drama into a horror story" (Kirkus Reviews).
Sunday, March 27, 2022
Derek Dubois sat down for an interview with NBC10's Rosie Woods on Studio10 a few weeks ago. They discussed his latest project, Boy Wizard, and his approach to filmmaking in Rhode Island.
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
- Port Blair International Film Festival - 2021
- The Fatherhood Image Film Festival - 2021
- Indie Online Film Awards (S4, 2021)
- Paris International Film Awards - Finalist - November 2021